October 24, 2016
Today’s flooring market is filled with options for the “hardwood” look. Homeowners can choose from; natural hardwoods, manufactured hardwoods, laminates, ceramic, and now vinyl planks. Timber Vinyl flooring – also known as Luxury Vinyl Planks or LVP – is a rugged, waterproof option for areas where real wood or laminate style products cant quite stand up. It also gives a stylish option for indoor or more gently used areas that you want to last a long time.
Choosing the best Timber Vinyl for your needs is important – and it hinges on two main factors: Style and Usage. There are tons of timber vinyl styles out there (see our selection), so choosing the right one is important.
Here are some tips for selecting the right Timber Vinyl for your application.
Formal Versus Casual
Depending on the mood of your space, the Timber Vinyl you choose can have a huge impact on the look and feel.
- Darker, more somber colors often come off as more sophisticated and formal. Go with darker colors to contrast with light furniture to create formal drama.
- Lighter colors and styles with a less “polished” look, such as those with a “barnwood” or crosscut feel, typically read as less polished, or more casual.
- Try a sample plank or two in your space if you’re uncertain which you need. Getting the Timber Vinyl under the actual lighting will help make this determination as well.
Spacial Size and Foot Traffic
The size of your space can help determine what type of grain pattern and color you should use. Larger, darker patterns tend to close spaces in, while lighter colors can open them up.
- Use dark colors with bold grain to make a large space feel more intimate. You can also change the direction of the grain to help shorten, or make a space feel longer.
- Use lighter colors, with tighter grains in small, enclosed areas, like bathrooms and utility spaces.
- Heavy traffic, an aspect that is all the more important is you are choosing vinyl tiles for your office space, may be best served by a darker pattern. While Timber Vinyl takes abuse with ease, like any floor it will wear and dark colors tend to hide soil and wear better over the long run.
The Selection at Jupps
Whichever Vinyl Timber you choose, we have a wide variety suitable for residential and light commercial installation. We’d love to consult with you on product, installation and preparation tips to help you get the most out of your new vinyl flooring. Give us a call on (08) 9921 2661 or contact us today to get rolling on your project!