Welcome to our article on the most popular blinds today! When it comes to window coverings, there are plenty of options to choose from. But with so many options, it can be hard to know where to start.
That’s why we’ve put together this guide to the top 5 most popular types of blinds to help you make an informed decision.
From traditional horizontal blinds to modern cellular shades, we’ll take a closer look at the unique features and benefits of each option so you can find the perfect fit for your home and your personal style.
So, whether you’re updating your windows or building a new home, read on to learn more about the most popular blinds today.
What are the most popular types of blinds at the moment?
- Horizontal blinds, such as Venetian blinds, are made up of slats that can be tilted to control the amount of light entering a room. They are available in a variety of materials, including wood, aluminium, and PVC, and can be customised with different colours and finishes to match the decor of a room.
- Roller blinds are a type of window covering that consists of a single piece of fabric that is rolled up or down to cover or uncover a window. They are simple to operate and come in a wide range of colours and patterns.
- Roman blinds are a type of window covering that consists of a piece of fabric that is folded up or down to cover or uncover a window. They offer a clean, classic look and can be made from a variety of materials including cotton, linen, silk, and polyester.
- Cellular shades, also known as honeycomb shades, are made up of a series of connected cells that trap air to insulate the room. They come in a wide range of colours and styles and can be cordless or motorised for easy operation.
- Plantation shutters are solid window coverings that are mounted on the interior of the window frame. They are available in a variety of materials including wood, MDF (medium-density fiberboard), and PVC. They are a great option for providing privacy and light control, and are durable enough to last for years.
Things you should consider when choosing your blinds
When choosing a window treatment, there are several things to consider:
- Purpose: Consider the primary purpose of the window treatment, whether it’s for privacy, light control, insulation, or decoration.
- Style: Consider the style of the room and the overall aesthetic of your home. The window treatment should complement the style of the room and match the decor.
- Functionality: Consider how easy the window treatment is to use and maintain. For example, cordless or motorised options may be easier to operate than those with cords.
- Light control: Consider how much natural light you want to let in and how much privacy you need. Some treatments, like roller blinds or cellular shades, can provide complete blackout, while others like sheer drapes or sheer shades, allow natural light to filter through.
- Energy efficiency: Consider how the window treatment will impact the energy efficiency of the room. Some options, like cellular shades, can help to insulate the room and reduce energy costs.
- Safety: if you have children or pets at home, consider the safety features of the window treatment. For example, cordless or motorised options are safer than those with cords.
- Measurements: Make sure to measure the window accurately to ensure a perfect fit.
- Budget: Consider the cost of the window treatment and compare it to the benefits it provides.
By taking these factors into account, you can choose a window treatment that not only enhances the look of your home, but also provides the functionality and energy efficiency you need.
What’s the difference between curtains and blinds
Curtains and blinds are both types of window treatments, but they have some key differences:
- Material: Curtains are typically made from fabric, while blinds can be made from a variety of materials, such as wood, metal, vinyl, or fabric.
- Function: Blinds are designed to control light and privacy, while curtains are primarily used for decoration and insulation.
- Operation: Blinds can be adjusted by tilting slats to control the amount of light or opened and closed, while curtains are typically opened and closed by sliding them along a rod.
- Cleaning: Blinds are generally easier to clean than curtains, as they can be wiped down with a damp cloth. Curtains, on the other hand, may need to be removed and washed or dry cleaned.
- Style: Curtains come in a wide variety of styles, colours, and patterns, and can be used to complement the existing decor of a room. Blinds come in a variety of styles and materials, but they are not as decorative as curtains.
- Cost: Blinds are generally cheaper than curtains, but this can depend on the type and material of each.
Where should you get your blinds from?
At Jupps, we’ve been providing our customers with high-quality window treatments for over 60 years. Our extensive experience and expertise are evident in our extensive product range and trained staff.
We offer a wide variety of blinds that are perfect for any room in your home. From the elegant wood blinds to the sleek and modern metal and vinyl options, we have something to suit every taste and budget.
With over 5 retail locations and trained staff to assist you, we make it easy to find the perfect blinds for your home.
Plus, with our 60 years of experience in the industry, you can trust that our blinds are made to the highest standards of quality and durability.
So, whether you’re looking to add a touch of elegance to your living room or to increase your home’s energy efficiency, Jupps has the perfect blinds for you.